Monday 28 September 2015

Mr.Prime Minister at Facebook Head Quarter


Mark Zuckerberg Town hall session with Narendra Modi

Chant of "Modi Modi" not only stops in silicon valley it continues at Facebook Headquarter too........

As the time moves the shining stars of Narendra Modi and India is rising day by day. Schedules of foreign countries is not only to visit the new places but is to learn the latest technologies that other countries are using for making India developed all this comes under Initiative known as #DigitalIndia.

Digital India and Make In India are the two initiative that is initiated by Mr. Prime Minister for building the future of India. According to survey agencies India is the fastest growing country in the world because its large population is of the age '25-35' means India is very much young and has many development opportunity. For this initiative one of the Tour that Mr. Prime Minister has done is of USA #ModiInUSA. There he has meet to techno giants (Mark zuckerberg, Sundar pichai, Tim Cook).
Some of the highlights of these session have been mention below.

First question asked to Mr. Prime minister is by CEO Facebook (Mark Zuckerberg)

Q1. You were one of the early adopters of social media. Did you expect the impact on policy, foreign policy etc.?

Social media was like a "guide" and an easy textbook to know about things for me. It helped mould my thought process. Build a world consciousness and it helped the world accept me for what I am. Social media has helped people recognise and accept me for what I am. When I took office .. I realised that there was a large gap between people and govt. By the time one gets to realise this, elections come up! But social media allows for accountability instantly. I ask all world leaders not to avoid social media and to connect to it.
If governments are alert and conscious about real time accountability. It will be good for democracy. Social media helps here and has allowed for connecting people among different countries rather than just the capitals. For example, I used Chinese social media to wish the PM there. It went viral. I wished the Israel PM in Hebrew and he replied in Hindi! The fact that the world is a community is explained by social media.

Second Question asked to Mr. Prime minister is by CEO babajob.com 

Q2. Digital infrastructure needs to be empowered by government to foster connectivity and jobs. What forms of investment are you looking at to the enable this?

I ask young people here to emulate Vir [of Babajob] and come back to create jobs in India. We need both highways and i-ways in India. I want to connect all 6 lakh villages in India via fiber optic cables. People today live in places where infrastructure is present unlike past when water was the reason. Soon we might live in places where there is good digital infrastructure. I don't think there is a shortage of money to invest in the world. I request people who have enough money to invest in India. We took a decision to reserve 30% in the police force for women in some Union Territories. Women reservation is to the tune of 50% in local bodies in some States. This is a great achievement.

Third Question asked to Mr. Prime Minister

Q3. Do you think there is an increased ease in doing business in India?

It is difficult to move a long train as opposed to a scooter. In a large country, changes take time to cumulatively be effective. 180 million people didn't have bank accounts We managed to get bank accounts for them in 100 days..what was not managed in 40 years. Ease of business international rating for India is 140. I brought all States in India to work on this. Today, there is unprecedented competition among states to improve ease of business. I am sure India's rating will soon improve. The relative lower pay, improving skills and manpower will help the Make in India initiative. There has been a 87% growth in foriegn investment in India. Clearly the success of Make in India is linked to this.
India's unique strengths: 3D. Demographic dividend, democracy and demand. I have added another D: deregulation.

Fourth Question asked to Mr. Prime Minister

Q4. There is a lot said about women empowerment in India. What is your view on related schemes and women equality?

There is an imagination about God in all societies. Only in India is the woman imagined as God (durga, Kali, Saraswati, etc.) For our government to achieve economic progress, we have to utilise the potential of the 50 percent population — the women in India. Women are very involved in education and health sectors today. Women should be empowered to be decision makers and not just participants. We will focus on girl child education through 'Beti Bachao Beti Padao' scheme.

Fifth Question asked to Mr. Prime Minister by Mark Zuckerberg

Q5.  I believe in the importance of family. Can you tell us about your mother?

I congratulate Mark's parents (who are in the audience). I come from a poor family and my family played an important role in my life. No one could have imagined that the world's largest democracy could have accepted an ordinary tea seller. I salute the Indian people. My mother is illiterate. My father is no more. My mom understands things through media. My mother took lot of pains to help me grow. Lakhs of mothers in India have dedicated their lives for the dreams of their children. I salute all mothers for their inspiration and dedication. I hope this will inspire all to stick to the right path.

This is the Question that has made Mr. Prime Minister very emotional. He is very much known of his mother struggle to make him successful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment